Sunday 26 August 2012

Me-Made-May - Final items that never made it to my blog...

So, I actually did Me Made May for two days longer than I posted about them (not very proud that I ended up giving up, but I just didn't have the time to sort more things out for that month - hopefully there'll be another one some time soon, or I'll just do my own). Anyway, see below my final 2 items for Me Made May 2012:

Day 08 - Reverse side of the Day 01 Vest

This side was made using fabrics that didn't make it into my Final Collection "Smoke and Mirrors" for tech. It's a lovely textured almost linen feeling fabric, and goes great with the grey from the print on the other side.

Day 08
Day 09 - Leopard Print Skirt

So leopard print is not usually something I would choose to use for myself, but in this case I think it didn't work out to badly. This was supposed to the lining on a gold swing skirt I made for a lady who does burlesque shows. It didn't work as a lining (the bias areas of the skirt kept dropping at the hem, so the lining would show, and it also got too heavy to be a swing skirt) so I turned this into a gathered swing skirt for myself. It's a heavy enough georgette that it's not see through, but it moves beautifully and looks wonderfully quirky with certain items in my wardrobe. I have since this photo discovered a far better top to go with it, but can't actually wear it to work as on this day, because that would ruin that top. The skirt also looks great with a chunky belt at the waist, and is definitely a great feature piece for an outfit.


Let me know what y'all think :) I still need to take photos and post about the cape I made this winter also - blog to follow later though...

No comments:

Post a Comment