Thursday 3 May 2012

Accessories Made by Mum

My mum is the most amazing knitter that I have ever met.

I am lucky enough to occasionally convince her to make something for me. Below are two of my latest most favourite things she's made for me (though one I stole, it wasn't intended for me!)


This is a hat from a Slouchy Hat booklet I bought that's full of great patterns for slouchy hats. I also bought a crochet version of the same book (it has different patterns, but also slouchy hats) and I hope to make at least one of them this month to wear.

I started a hat using this same pattern. It was the very first time I've ever knitted, and it took me 3 hours to knit the first 6 rows. Then my mum grabbed some wool and started the same hat. I told her to only go as far as I was, and to stick to the same bit I'm working on as I make the hat. However, she decided one evening a week or so later that it was taking too long, so she sat down and finished it that night.

My hat is still sitting there at the point where the ribbing around the bottom stops. I hope to finish it to wear later in the mont :)


Above are the coolest hand warmers I have ever seen. My mum made these in about a week (mind you, only knitting in the evenings when she had some free time!)
They have a beautiful lace pattern, and are absolutely the warmest hand warmers ever.
I'm a bit scared to wear them, cos they are so beautiful, I really don't want to ruin them, actually!

So here's to you mum, you are the world's most talented knitter, and you make the most beautiful items, and make it look so easy while doing it!! I am truely jealous of your talents, and hopefully one day, with tons of practice, I can be half as good :)

1 comment: