Tuesday 1 May 2012

Me-Made-May 02.05.12

Today's Me Made item:


A "Dress" that I made myself spontaneously last year. All fabrics bought cheap at another Nyne Workroom sale. The burnout panels at the hem are from a piece that cost me $1.
Unfortunately, I used a rib fabric that was quite thick for the binding, so the sleeve hems have gone a bit puffy as the binding was stretched on. However, for a garment that I made the pattern for in about 1/2 an hour (by adapting another pattern I had made for myself previously), I think it didn't turn out too bad :)
It has princess lines, and extended shoulder sleeves (not seperate sleeves). It is very comfortable to wear, and quite nice and warm on a windy day like today!

Thanks Nyne for having awesome workroom sales with amazing fabrics for me to use! I shall be using more of them this month to boost my wardrobe for Me Made May!

5 comments:

  1. This is badass! It's like a 60's mod dress but if mod's had a punk/goth edge to them.

    I'd def wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mal! :) I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get crazy creative over the weekend so I actually have enough stuff to show off over the month :P There's definitely going to have to be a few repeats lol :)

      Delete
    2. I'm probably going to have to repeat a few things too. Might even need to incorporate Coco as a permanent accessory that I made lol

      Delete
  2. Good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what comes out of the workroom as May progresses

    ReplyDelete